MPPSC Syllabus, MPPSC Latest Syllabus, MPPSC Syllabus PDF in English, MPPSC Syllabus PDF in Hindi, MPPSC Syllabus 2020
MPPSC Syllabus for Prelims
First Paper: GENERAL STUDIES - PAPER 1
1. General Science and Environment
2. Current Events of National and International Importance
3. History of India and Independent India
4. Geography of India
5. Indian Polity and Economy
7. Geography, History and Culture of MP
8. Polity and Economy of Madhya Pradesh
9. Information and Communication Technology
10. Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe and Protection of Civil Rights Act, 1993.
Second Paper: General Aptitude Test - PAPER 2
2. Interpersonal skill including communication skill
3. Logical reasoning and analytical ability
4. Decision making and problem solving
5. General Mental Ability, Basic Numeracy, Data Interpretation
6. Hindi Language Comprehension Skill (class 10th level)
MPPSC Syllabus in Hindi
MPPSC Syllabus for Mains
PAPER 1 -GENERAL STUDIES - (I)
1. HISTORY AND CULTURE
- 1.1 World History, Renaissance, Revolution of England, French Revolution, Industrial Revolution, Russian Revolution, World War 1 and 11
- 1.2 Indian History - Political, Economical and Social history of India from Harappa civilization to 10th Century A.D.
- 1.3 Moguls and their administration, emergence of composite culture, Political, Economical and Social history of Central India from 1 lth to 18th Century A.D.
- 1.4 Impact of British Rule on Indian economy and society, Indian response to British Rule : Peasant and tribal revolts, The First Struggle of Independence.
- 1.5 Indian 'Renaissance: The Freedom, National Movement and its leaders (with special reference to M.P.).
- 1.6 Emergence of India as a Republic, Reorganization of States, Formation of M.P., Major events of the post independence period.
- 1.7 Indian Culture, Heritage with special reference to M.P. : Salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature, Festivals and Architecture from ancient to modern times. World Heritage sites in India, Tourism in Madhya Pradesh.
- 2.1 Salient features of physical geography of India and the world,
- 2.2 Distribution of key natural resources, Agro climatic zones and Industries in M.P.
- 2.3 Demography of India and M.P., Tribes of Madhya Pradesh with particular reference to vulnerable tribes.
- 2.4 Agro ecolow and its relevance to man, sustainable management and conservation. Major crops of the state, holdings and cropping patterns, physical and social environment of crop distribution and production. Issues and challenges related with quality and supply of seed, manure, farming practices, horticulture, poultry, dairy, fisheries and animal husbandry etc. agriculture produce, transport, storage and marketing in the state.
Soil: Physical, chemical and biological properties, Soil process and factors of soil formation, mineral and organic constituents of soil and their role in maintaining soil productivity. Essential plant nutrients and other beneficial elements in soils and plants. Problem soils and their reclamation methods. Problems of soil erosion and Soil degradation in Madhya Pradesh. Soil conservation planning on watershed basis .
- 2.5 Food processing and related industries in India- scope and significance, location, upstrearn and downs tream requirements , supply management. Land reforms in India.
3. Water Management
- 3.1 Ground Water and Watershed management.
- 3.2 Water usage and efﬁcient irrigation systems.
- 3.3 Drinking Water: supply, factors of impurity of Water and quality management.
4. Disaster and its management
- 4.1 Man-made and Natural disasters: Concept and scope of disaster management,
- 4.2 speciﬁc hazards and mitigation.
- 4.3 Community planning: Resource Mapping, Relief 85 Rehabilimtion, preventive and administrative measures, Safe construction, Alternative communication and survival skills.
- 4.4 Case studies 7 Chernobyl Atomic Plant Tragedy 1986, Bhopal Gas Tragedy 1984
- 4.5 Kutch Earthquake 2001 , Indian Tsunami 2004,Fukushirna Daiichi Japan Nuclear Disaster 2011, Uttrakhand Flash Flood 2013,Ujjain Tragedy 1994, Allahabad Kumbh Stampede 2013, J & K Flood 2014 etc.
PAPER II GENERAL STUDIES -(II)
1. The Constitution, the Political and Administrative Structure of Governance.
- Constitution drafting committee, The Constitution of India, The Preamble, Basic Structure, Fundamental Rights and Duties and Directive principles of state policy, Schedules of the Constitution, Constitutional amendments. Comparison of the Indian Constitution with that of other countries.
- Centre and State Legislature.
- Centre and State Executive.
- Judiciary 7 Supreme Court, High Court, District and Subordinate Courts, Contempt of Court.
- Nature of the Indian Union, CentreiState Relations, Division of Power (Centre List, State List and Concurrent List). Distribution of resources.
- Decentralization and peoples participation in Democratic Governance. Local Self Government, 73rd and 74th amendment of Constitution. The Panchayats, The Municipalities. (Rural and Urban Local Governance)
- Lokpal, Lokayukt and Lok Nyayalaya iJudiciary as a Watchidog protecting the Constitutional Order, Judicial Activism, Public Interest Litigation.
- Accountability and Rights : Competition Commission, Consumer Courts, Information Commissior Women Commission, Human Rights Commissions, SC/ ST/OBC Commissions, other redressed agencies / authorities. Transparency and Accountability, Right to Information, Right to Services, Utilimtion of public funds.
- Democracy at Work, Political Parties, Political Representation, Citizens Participation in Decision Making.
- Elections, Election Commission, Electoral reforms.
- Emergence of Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and Non Government Organizations (NGOs); Self Help Groups.
- Issues and role of media (Electronic, Print and Social)
2. Security issues
- External and Internal.
3. Social 85 Some Important Legislation:
- Indian society, Social Legislation as an instrument of Social Change.
- The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993
- Protection to Women Women 85 Criminal Law [Under Indian Constitution Law 85 criminal Procedure code]
- Protection of Women From Domestic Violence Act72005
- The Protection of Civil Rights Act, 1955,
- The Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989,
- Right to Information Act, 2005,
- Environment (Protection) Act, 1986,
- The Consumer Protection Act, 1986,
- Information Technology Act, 2000,
- The Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988
- The Madhya Pradesh Lok Sewaon ke Pradan ki Guarantee Adhiniyam- 20 10
4. Social Sector - Health, Education and Empowerment-
- Health services, Preventive and curative health programmes in India / M. P. With an emphasis on children and Women’s health.
- Issues related to availability of curative health to all. Availability of doctor 85 Paramedical smff. Health services in rural area.
- Malnutrition, its causes and effects and Govt. programmes supplementary Nutrition
- The technological interventions in the ﬁeld of Imi'nunology, Immunization, Family health,
- Biotechnolog, Communicable and non7com.municable diseases and remedies.
- Vital statistics
- W.H.O.7Objectives, Structures, functions and its programmes.
5. Education systems
- Education as a tool of HR development, Universal elementary education
- Quality of Higher and Technical, Vocational Education. Issues related to girls education, under privileged classes and differently abled classes.
6. Human resource development -
- Availability of skilled manpower
- Employability and productivity of human resource of India
- Trends of employment, role of institutions like NCHER, NCERT, NIEPA, UGC, Open Universities, AICTE, NCTE, NCVT, ICAR, IITS, NITs. NLUs, IIMs, Polytechnic and ITIs etc.
- Human resource development.
7. Welfare programmes -
- Welfare programmes and Issues related to eAged people, Differently able people, Children, Women, Labour, Socially deprived Classes and Displaced groups of developmental projects.
8. Public Services
- Public Services
- All India Services
- Central Services
- State Services
- Constitutional Positions
- Role and function
- Nature of function
- Union Public Service Commission
- M.P. State Public Service Commission.
- Training and Training Institutions of State and Centre in context of changing governance pattern.
9. Public Expenditure and Accounts
- Control over public Expenditure
- Parliamean control
- Estimate Committee
- Public Accounts Committee etc.
- Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India
- Role of Finance Ministry in Monetary and Fiscal Policy
- Composition and function ofAccountant General of M. P.
10. International Organizations
- UN and its associate organimtions.
- IMF, The World Bank and Asian Development Bank
- SAARC, BRICS, other Bilateral and Regional groupings
- TO and its impact on India.
PAPER III -GENERAL STUDIES -(III)
1. Science and Technology
Science - Chemistry
- Matter in our surroundings
- Metals and Nonemetals
- Carbon and its compounds
- Molecules, Atoms
- Structure of atom
- Chemical reactions
- Acids, Bases and Salts.
Science - Biology
- Types of organisms
- Fundamental unit of lifeeCell
- Life processes
- Control and Coordination
- Heredity and Evolution.
Science - Biology
- Laws of Motion
- Work and Energ
- Electricity and Magnetism.
2. Reasoning and Data Interpretation
- Basic numeracy and Statistics (numbers and their relations), Probability.
- Data handling and Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.).
- Ratio and Proportion, Unitary method, Profit and Loss, Percentage, Discount, Simple and Compound Interest.
- Mensuration : Area, Perimeter Volume.
- Logical reasoning, Analytical ability and Problem solving.
- Applications of Science and Technolog] in Social and Economic development
- Indigenous technolog, Transfer of technology and developing new Technologies.
- Patents and Intellectual Property Rights. (TRIPS 85 TRIMS).
- Contribution of Indians in the ﬁeld of Science and Technolog.
4. Emerging Technologies
- Emerging technologies like Information and Communication Technology
- Remote sensing, Space, GIS, GPS,
- Bioitechnology 8a Nanoitechnology: their application in the field of Agriculture and Allied sectors, Health
- E- Governance
- Spatial Planning
- Sports etc.
- Conventional and NoniConventional sources of energy.
- Energy Management: Issues and challenges.
- Current status of alternative sources of energy and their future prospects.
6. Environment and Sustainable Development
- Environmental degradation: its causes, effects and remedies.
- Environment protection laws, Policies and regulatory framework.
- The Environment 7 development debate.
- Solid, Efﬂuent, Sewer, Medical, Hazardous and Eiwaste management.
- Climate change: Causes and Remedial measures.
- Ecological Prints and Coping strategies.
7. Indian Economy :
- Development Experience of India.
- Causes of low Industrialization in MP.
- Economic reforms since 199 1: Industrial and Financial sector reforms, stock market and Banking systems.
- Liberalization, Privatization and Globalization.
- Current trends and challenges in the Indian Economy.
- Development planning in India.
- National Income and Accounting System.
- Infrastructural development and issues.
- Poverty, Unemployment, Regional Imbalances and Migration.
- Urban issues, Urban development (social and economic infrastructure) and Housing for Low Income Groups.
- Rural issues, Rural development (Social and economic infrastructure) and Rural Credit.
- Indicator of development, Human development 85 Economic development.
- Coioperative movement in India and M.P.
- Importance of agriculture in M.P. and Indian economy.
- Factors of economic development.
- Issues of Direct and Indirect Subsidy for farm sector and other social sectors.
- Public Distribution System : Objective, Functioning, Limitation, Issues of Buffer Stock and Food Security.
PAPER IV - GENERAL STUDIES (IV)
Human needs and motivation
- Ethics and Values in Public Administration
- Ethical elements in governance 7 integrity
- Accountability and transparency
- Ethical reasoning and moral dilemJnas
- Conscience as sources of ethical guidance
- Code of conduct for civil servants, values in governance.
Philosophers / Thinkers, Social workers / Reformers
- Ravindra Nath Tagore
- Raja Ram Mohan Roy
- Swami Dayanand Saraswati
- Swami Vivekanand
- Sri Aurobindo
- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
- Sarvpalli Radhakrishnan
- Bhimrao Rarnji Ambedkar
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
- Deen Dayal Uppadhyaya
- Ram Manohar Lohiya etc.
- Function Formation of attitude
- Attitudinal change
- Persuasive communication
- Prejudice and discrimination
- Stereotypes in Indian context.
- Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service, integrity, impartiality and none partisanship, objectivity, dedication to public service, empathy, tolerance and compassion towards the weaker-sections.
- Emotional intelligence-concepts, their utilities and application in Administration and Governance.
- Types and Causes of corruption, effects of corruption, approaches to minimizing cor-ruptione role of society, media, family, whistleblower, UN Convention on Corruption, measuring corruption; Transparency International etc.
- Based on the contents on the syllabus.
PAPER V - सामान्य हिन्दी
- पल्लवन, संधि व समास
- प्रारूप लेखन
- प्रयोग, शब्दावली तथा प्रारंभिक व्याकरण
- अपठित गधांश
- वाक्यों का अनुवाद
PAPER VI - Essay Writing
(1000 words Approx.)
(250 words Approx.)
(250 words Approx.)
Sharma Academy an institute of national standards established in the year 2010 by Surendra Sharma. Sharma Academy consists of the best minds from academics. It was envisioned as an institute of high academic standers. Sharma Academy is amongst the top quality coaching institutes of central India. The institute has achieved status of distinction following the path envisioned by its founder. The institute has been very successful in making potential aspirants realize their dreams which are evident from the success stories of the previous years. Sharma Academy is different from other coaching institutes with respect to their orientation. Classes are targeted towards particular exam. Classroom guidance at Sharma Academy is about improving individuals' capacity to focus and learn. Our aim is to develop and nurture competitive attitude among students. We empower you to stay ahead a step in life by offering qualitative teaching. At Sharma Academy we believe that "Geniuses are made not born" and they can be made with sheer commitment and determination. We offer you knowledge in tandem with qualitative guidance and practice that prepares you for the future. Our efforts are recognized by National News Papers, intellectuals and social representatives. As a result Sharma Academy has been awarded as "Leading e-learning Academy of MP" (for UPSC - IAS / MPPSC) by Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh. Also our academy has been awarded "Education Excellence Award 2016" by State Education Minister of Madhya Pradesh. Sharma Academy welcomes you to be a part of it's bandwagon of success and also ensure successful future for you.
MPPSC Quick Links
- MPPSC 2020 Notification
- MPPSC Exam Pattern
- MPPSC Test Series Pre Mains
- MPPSC Test Series PDF Download (Hindi Medium)
- MPPSC Test Series PDF Download (English Medium)
- MPPSC Notes
- MPPSC Interview
- MPPSC Classroom Fees
- MPPSC Online Coaching Distance Learning Program
- MPPSC topper Interview in English
- Free MPPSC Video Lecture
- MPPSC Pre Syllabus
- MPPSC Mains Syllabus
- MPPSC Previous Year Papers
- MPPSC Queries & Exam Tips
- MPPSC Pre Syllabus Download
- MPPSC Mains Syllabus Download